Applications are invited for a position of Registered Practical Nurse to work at various locations in Ontario.
- Ensure resident care is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate.
- Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care
- Assess residents and develop,implement, review and evaluate resident care plans.
- Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians’ orders.
- Organize and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents including restorative care and palliative care as required.
- Interpret and implement established policies, procedures and regulations.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit.
- Orient and train new personnel and participate in in-service education.
- Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- CPR certification.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing, health care and infection control practices.
- Effective human relation skills and demonstrated commitment to working with seniors.
- Leadership skills and ability to supervise nursing personnel.
- Knowledge and experience with College of Nurses standards and documentation requirement.
- Excellent communication skills (including computer skills) and the ability to work independently and collaboratively are essential.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under UniversalCare Employment Accommodation Policy.
Job Type: Full-time Schedule:8 Hour Shift Day
Apply for this postion >