Applications are invited for the position of Personal Support Worker
- Ensure resident care is provided with established standards and principles, nurses' and physicians’ orders, and administrative policies.
- Assisting in providing resident care: feeding, dressing, grooming, bathing, ambulation.
- Portering resdidents to and from activations programs while encouraging their involvemet in these programs
- Meal service delivery and assistance in feeding residents when required
- Delivery of emotional support to residents and family members.
- Providing palliative care as required
- Proof of successful completion of an accredited PSW certificate course
- Experience working with the elderly in Long-Term Care setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of techniques of caring for the elderly
- Ability to work safely following established safe practices and procedures
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English including written documentation
- Maturity with good physical and mental health required
- Empathy, patience, and tact are essential qualities
- Demonstrates consistent attendance for scheduled shifts
- Commitment to on-going learning through professional development
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under UniversalCare Employment Accommodation Policy.
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: 8 Hour Shift Day shift
Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)
Work remotely No
Apply for this postion >